Oia village on Santorini Island was the choice of residence of its wealthy ship owners, persons with passion as well as vision and social conscience. Since the late 19th century, they built two-storied neoclassical “palaces”, living monuments of the era of the cultural and, indeed, financial development of the village. They established a society ahead of its time.
Oia Mansion luxury villa in Santorini was founded around 1870. Since then, four generations of the Nomicos family have lived and prospered in Oia Mansion, contributing substantially to the community in cultural and financial terms. They have all been gifted captains and ship-owners, ingenious businessmen, leading figures and benefactors of national acclaim. The community’s gratitude is reflected in a multitude of ways, to name a few: The central walkway has been named after Nicolas Nomicos senior and a statue of Loucas Nomicos adorns St George square. In the early nineties Nicos Nomicos (son) financed the construction of the Maritime Museum of Thira & Loucas Nomicos (grandson) contributed substantially for the repair of the St Nicolas church.